(Serves 3 pancakes)
* 1 big apple (sliced)
* 1 egg
* 2/5 cup flour
* 2/5 cup whole milk
* 3 spoons unsalted butter
* 1/3 cup sugar + 6 tbsp of sugar
* Syrup of any kind (optional)
* Beat the egg and the sugar.
* Add the milk and then slowly sprinkle the flour while mixing.
* Mix to eliminate all lumps
* Light the gas to minimum and heat the pan for a minute.
* Then and add 1 spoon of butter, then let it warm up for another minute or two.
* Spread 1/3 of the batter evenly through the pan and lay the apple slices on top of it creating a round pattern.
* Let it cook slowly until the visible parts of the batter are full of tiny holes/bubbles.
* Sprinkle 2 tbsp of sugar over it and flip it (you’re allowed to use a spatula).
* Let the sugar caramelize for a couple of minutes and place the pancake on a clean plate.
* Repeat the last four steps two more times, using the remaining butter to moisturize the pan and the remaining sugar to sprinkle over the other two pancakes.
* If you feel like it, add any kind of syrup you like or add some rum and then lit it on fire for the flambe version.